How To Train For GORUCK 6 Hours Before GORUCK
Mike and I headed out to my gym along with our loaded up backpacks – six bricks in each.
- 5min, warm-up, start at 5.0, increase speed every minute to 7.5
- 5min, jumping rope – a guy who just finished a Muay Thai session showed us some tricks, like trying to come into a squat while jumping – so here’s a new skill to work on
- 10min, foam rolling – new activity for Mike: I’m pretty sure he saw stars. 🙂
- 30min, treadmill intervals, 7×60-60, 3.0/6.5 @15%
- 10min, play around on the pull-up bars – snapped couple of cool shots and practiced monkey bars
- 5min, cooldown – jogging on the treadmill with loaded up backpacks.
Last time I did treadmill incline running at 15%, I was going at 6.0 speed, so I knew I could probably push to about 6.1. “Nah,” says Mike, “we will take it to 6.5”. Of course…
We lasted for three intervals before having to take a longer break. Then squeaked out the remaining four with 2-3 minutes in between. This was HARD. Definitely that pukey “holy moly, I do not think I can do this for another 10 seconds” feeling. After the last interval, we were a pile on the floor.
Leaving you with a couple of action shots: