Peak Week – Day Three
*This week is all about peak week, so bear with me… I may lack my usual brilliance and wit, as I ingest increasing amounts of water, and complete crazy amount of sets/reps in the gym. If you are wondering what is this peak week insanity, read about it here.
I woke up this morning with one thought… “How the hell am I going to drink 8L of water?” All of a sudden, the general recommendation to drink 2L seems hilariously easy.
Packing lunch included throwing three or four pre-measured servings of fish into a bag, and couple of boiled eggs along with a bunch of lettuce leaves, a whole cucumber, a pocket knife and some salt packets. Classy!
Among the things promised to us today were: “mood fluctuations”, and “a desire to go back to your previous way of eating because “this is too hard””. Hellz yeah. I was angry today. Freaking pissed off at having to drink this much water… And at having to run to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Seems like perfect scenario would be to take a whole week off… and stay home. I was remembering the Grey’s Anatomy episode today, where Christina wears a diaper to a 16-hour surgery. Maybe adult diapers should really be added to the peak weak shopping list. I’m just sayin’…
It’s 11pm, and I’m still at least a litre short. Oh. My. God. I haven’t really felt that hungry though. Then again, it’s hard to feel hungry as you are guzzling water all the time.
On a bright note, my Fenway racing superman outfit is all ready to go. There’s gonna be a lot of royal blue. Watch out for Salomon reviews of some awesome gear!
NUTRITION (same as yesterday):
- Eat 5 meals.
- Limit carb intake by avoiding all starches, sugars, and colourful fruits and veggies.
- For carbs, eat only “green and white” veggies such as leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, celery, green beans etc.
- Eat 1 serving of lean protein (equivalent to 20g, or 1 palm of protein) per meal.
- Include ½ to 1 thumb of fat per meal.
- Drink 1.5-2 gallons (6-8 L) of water. [HOLY COW!!!]
- Add the same or slightly more salt than usual to your food.
The training is specified every week. For peak week, we are continuing with the same workout from the couple of weeks before, but dropping the reps, and increasing the number of sets.
5 min, treadmill warm-up
85 minutes, main workout:
This workout has been around for a couple of weeks, but with fewer sets and with 15 reps for each exercise! Today you’ll complete 6 rounds of each group, performing 15 reps of each exercise at a controlled pace, with minimal rest in between.
- 3-point dumbbell row –> 2 sets with 35lb, 4 sets with 30lb
- dumbbell sword pull from split stance –> 1 set with 15lb, 3 sets with 12.5lb, 2 sets with 10lb
- front squat –> 1 set with 85lb, 3 sets with 75lb, 2 sets with 65lb
- bent-over rear delt fly –> 1 set with 10lb, 5 sets with 7.5lb
- tricep push down –> 2 sets with 30kg, 4 sets with 25kg (I think it was kg)
- alternating lateral lunge
- 30 min, stationery bike
Total workout length: 2 hours
*The hardest set is the first one. As always. Today’s workout is also much more leg heavy than yesterday. Tomorrow – pull-ups. We like those! WHOO HOO!
And can I just point out… this is NOTHING like my regular training. Two (!) hours at the gym! I’d spend that over the course of three days.
- Energy wise today, I would have been ok, if not for yet another workout. Definitely felt that yesterday’s workout did not wear off yet.
- Fifteen reps is a lot of reps… especially if you are doing six sets. Duh…
- Four ounces of fish is actually quite a bit of fish. Yay.
- People look at you weird, if you get a cup of coffee at a coffee shop, then sit down, and take out a whole cucumber and a pocket knife…
- Those same people also do not mention that you are wearing your shirt backwards. Gee, that workout really tired me out, huh?
- “Bent-over rear delt fly” sounds naughty. I must be really tired…
- Today’s grocery shopping may be the greenest yet!
5-6 egg whites
2 cups peppers + mushrooms + onion
1 tsp olive oil
coffee with a splash of unsweetened plain almond milk
4 oz basa fish
2 large romaine lettuce leafs
1/2 canned tuna
2 boiled eggs
1 cup sliced cucumbers
4 oz basa fish
1 cup sliced cucumbers
rooibos vanilla herbal tea with a splash of soy milk
4 oz shrimp
1/2 cup cauliflower/broccoli mash
1 tbsp horseradish
few slices of cucumber