a little more, a little better
For the next two weeks, our new habit in LeanEating Precision Nutrition program is “A little more, a little better”. Every day we pick one (or a few things) to do a little more of or a little better with. For example, adding few reps or few minutes in the gym, or adding one new vegetable.
Today’s “little more or little better”:
- ran an extra minute at 8.0 speed (from the day before)
- added 0.5% incline to warm-up to 4%
- measured out 3oz of meat for the salad, instead of eyeballing it
- skipped a piece of fruit at night (dinner was sufficient, and I think I was just bored)
WOD = PN weight workout #1
- 3 x 4 (25lb) rear-elevated split squat
- 3 x 8 (+5lb) assisted chin-up (did this one with a 5lb dumbbell between my legs)
- 3 x 10 stability ball front roll-out
- AMRAP in 60sec = 37/40 (20lb) bent-over alternating row
- Last time I did this one, I ended up with sore lower back. I adjusted the stance today – same as for deadlifts, with a curve in lower back, instead of flat lower back. Made a huge difference!
- 2 x 10 (15lb / 17.5lb) single-leg dumbbell Romanian deadlift
- AMRAP in 60 sec = 22/24 (22.5lb) dumbbell floor press
- AMRAP in 60 sec = 21/19 (10lb) lateral raise from split distance